Fri, Oct 20|
ARL - Applications & Research Lab
MAST & TEEAM 2023 Fall Conference
Join TEEAM and MAST as we reestablish the collaborations and encourage the best teaching practices that are the foundation for Maryland STEM education.
Time & Location
Oct 20, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
ARL - Applications & Research Lab, 10920 Clarksville Pike, Ellicott City, MD 21042, USA
About the Event
MAST/TEEAM Fall Conference 2023
Applications and Research Laboratory 0920 Clarksville Pike, Ellicott City, MD 21042 October 20, 2023 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
The Maryland Association of Science Teachers (MAST) and the Technology and Engineering Educators Association of Maryland (TEEAM) have missions to support the professional development, recognition and education of science and engineering and technology education teachers in Maryland. The Fall conference theme of “Reemerge: Blueprint for the Changing Global and Educational Landscape” reflects the organizations’ efforts to reestablish the collaborations and encourage best teaching practices that are the foundation for Maryland STEM education.
Agenda for the Day
8:00-9:00 Arrival and Registration
9:00–9:30 Keynote Address
9:35–10:30 Session 1
10:35 - 11:30 Session 2
11:35 - 12:30 “Lunch & Learn”, Raffle, and Vendor Outreach
12:35–1:30 Session 3
1:35–2:30 Session 4
2:35-3:00 Closing remarks, Reconvene, and Raffle
- Learn and Lead: Engaging in content based conversations
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: How to best reach ALL students in/through Science and Engineering
- Disciplinary Core Ideas: Looking at the big picture in our content
- Crosscutting Concepts: Finding ways to bridge gaps across content areas and within Science & Engineering
- Science & Engineering Practices: Implementation within the classroom setting
- Making, Doing and Fabrication in STEM
- Educators will be able to collaborate with peers in STEM education to share strategies for best reaching ALL students in their classrooms.
- Educators will be able to engage in content-based conversations on developing more equitable and inclusive lessons in STEM.
- Educators will be able to establish contacts for further conversations to continue efforts in the professional learning community.
Thank you to the following wonderful sponsors that helped make this day possible!
- Howard County Public School System Career and Technical Education (CTE) Department, Dan Rosewag, Tonia Ziegler
- The Applications and Research Laboratory (ARL) Principal, Karl Schindler
- Sale ends: Oct 20, 9:30 AM
Free with Membership
Sign up for TEEAM membership and get a free ticket to the Fall Conference.$20.00
Vendor MAST/TEEAM Conference Registration$20.00+$0.50 service fee